Fără pasiune nu pot investiga.Am clădit un zid în jurul meu,un perete care este eu însumi.şi omul a trăit închis astfel,de milioane de ani.Am postit,am meditat,am renunţat,am făcut legăminte de tot felul!Şi,la capătul unui milion de ani,sunt tot acolo unde eram la început.Asta este o mare descoperire pentru mine....(Jiddu Krishnamurti)

8 martie 2010

Violence


Brockwood Park 1st Public Dialogue 30th August 1977
Jiddu Krishnamurti


Q: That there is something common amongst all human beings, what is that?
K: We have explained very carefully during these talks, and in the past, that wherever you go in the world human beings are caught in a trap of sorrow, misery, confusion, uncertainty, disorder and so on and so on. That is the common factor of all human beings living on this unfortunate earth

Q: Do you think that the psychological fear, greed and violence in each one of us is a direct transformation of physical violence over the centuries?
K: Biologists and others have said that in the process of evolution we are the result of the animal and so on. The animals are violent, therefore we have inherited that violence. Now what is the question? The question is, whether human beings can be free of that violence.
Now is it possible to be free of that violence, psychologically? Let's begin psychologically, not physically. We are saying is it possible? It is only possible, isn't it, when you can come face to face with it and deal with it - not have theories, ideals of non-violence and all the rest of it. Right?
Where there is division between man and man, woman and man, and so on there must be conflict, which is a form of violence.
Nationalism and so on are a form of violence. Obviously. When there are two dogmatic beliefs, each trying to convert each other, oppose each other, it is a form of violence. So are we aware of this factor in our life? And when you become aware of it what are you going to do? Do you say, "Yes, I am aware of it" but carry on with violence? Therefore it becomes a very serious matter. If one is really to be free of violence, to look at it, to live with it, to understand it, to go into it and see all the multiple forms of violence, totally to be acquainted with it - and when you are acquainted with something it flowers and then it withers away, you don't have to fight it. Will you do it?

Q: What do you mean by flowering?
K: Sir, look: I am violent. I observe it. Because I don't run away from it, I don't suppress it, I don't transform it into something else as non-violence, which is absurd - the transformation of violence in to non-violence is stupidity, it has no meaning. So as I am violent, I let it come out - not in action. Let it flower, let it grow, as you watch it, it grows and dies. Haven't you done all this? That is sir, when you are angry, at that moment of anger you are not aware, you are full out. Then a second later you say, "I have been angry". Right? So you have divided yourself as not being angry and that you have been angry. So there is a division between the observer who says, "I have been angry, and I must not be angry". Right? So the division brings about conflict, saying "I mustn't be angry, how am I to get rid of my anger" - and so on and so on. Whereas if you are aware of anger as it arises and let it come out non-verbally, non-actively, not say, "I am going to hit you" - let it flower, let it come out, and you will see it disappears very quickly and withers away. And if you do it properly you are never angry again, finished.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu